Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of posts, just been busy with work and a few other things. Anyway, I thought it be cool to play a game with you guys. You know, get a bit more interactive. It’s a guessing game running from today August 6 until next Tuesday August 13.
Here’s how the game works. I’m going to give you quotes from 10 movies. You get a point for guessing each movie correctly. The person who gets the most points wins. What do you win? The first place winner will get an original poem framed and shipped to them. The second place winner gets to choose the two blog topics. The third place winner gets to choose one blog topic.
PLEASE DON’T CHEAT! I’m relying on the honor system here!
Okay let’s play! May the odds be ever in your favor! (That one doesn’t count. Tehee.)
1. Allow me to be frank at the commencement. You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal less as we go on. Ladies, an announcement: I am up for it, all the time. That is not a boast or an opinion, it is bone hard medical fact. I put it round you know. And you will watch me putting it round and sigh for it. Don’t. It is a deal of trouble for you and you are better off watching and drawing your conclusions from a distance than you would be if I got my tarse up your petticoats. Gentlemen. Do not despair, I am up for that as well. And the same warning applies. Still your cheesy erections till I have had my say. But later when you shag – and later you will shag, I shall expect it of you and I will know if you have let me down – I wish you to shag with my homuncular image rattling in your gonads. Feel how it was for me, how it is for me and ponder. ‘Was that shudder the same shudder he sensed? Did he know something more profound? Or is there some wall of wretchedness that we all batter with our heads at that shining, livelong moment. That is it. That is my prologue, nothing in rhyme, no protestations of modesty, you were not expecting that I hope. I am John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester and I do not want you to like me.
2. Little things used to mean so much to Shelly- I used to think they were kind of trivial. Believe me, nothing is trivial.
3. Character 1: Ow! Jeez, what was that for?
Character 2: It doesn’t matter. It’s in the past.
Character 1: Yeah, but it still hurts.
Character 2: Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or… learn from it.
4. Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn!
5. Character 1:[singing] Everybody hates you. Everybody wishes that you were dead. Peter you suck. Peter you suck. Peter your music is fucking terrible. Peter you suck, Peter you suck. Peter you don’t do anything of value. Peter you suck. Go write some music, but instead you sit and write these bullshit songs. It’s so self-loathing, go see a psychiatrist. I hate the psychiatrist. Well go see one anyway. I’m not going!
6. Say what you will about Jesus, but leave the “Rings” out of this.
7. Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was… a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says “Why so serious?” Comes at me with the knife,”Why so serious?” He sticks the blade in my mouth. “Let’s put a smile on that face!” And… Why so serious?
8. Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
9. Character 1: You can go suck a fuck.
Character 2: Oh, please, tell me, Elizabeth, how exactly does one suck a fuck?
10. The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.